Sunday, November 7, 2010

Choices


The heart is easily deceived.  Would that product make me happy or that restaurant my family closer?  If I could just make a little more I'd have peace.  If this then that...The flag goes up.  Surrender.

...Choose this day whom you will serve... - Joshua 24:15  

No one can serve two masters.  Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other.  You cannot serve both God and Money. - Matthew 6:24

Whoever loves money never has enough; whoever loves wealth is never satisfied... -Ecclesiastes 5:10

I choose contentment.  I choose God my father.  I choose Christ my redeemer.  In them is forgiveness and love, security and satisfaction. 

...for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances.  I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty.  I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.  I can do everything through him who gives me strength. - Philippians 4:11-13

Paul, imprisoned and facing death, was content because he believed Jesus would match any trial with strength no matter the circumstance.  Paul's secret was Jesus.  Our contentment remedy is Jesus. 

God, I turn my eyes to you.  I give you my focus and trust in the strength that can come from you only.  Forgive my selfish focus.  You will provide for my needs - help me to recognize what my true needs are and be content with having enough for the day.  I want to be like that woman who did what she couldn't.  Because you can.  God in you I find my purpose, you are my prize, and my provision.

Inspired by the message today (Nov. 8) at Legacy Christian Church.

No comments:

Post a Comment