Thursday, November 11, 2010

Pottery

pottery clay
flashfilm/Digital Vision/Getty Images
O Lord, you are our Father.  We are the clay, you are the potter; we are all the work of your hand. - Isaiah 64:8

The feeling of control fleeting, I remember it's not mine to have.  I am not in control.  I am just an ugly lump of clay.  I fight to be better, to be more, to change me.  But, only surrender to the maker will make me more than clay.

...Does the clay say to the potter, 'What are you making?'... - Isaiah 45: 9

My heart has been feeling stretched; desiring to be the parent He wants me to be, longing to be the wife He's asked me to be, encouraged to be courageous, and ready to glow bright in service as a  light to this world.  

Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. - 
1 Peter 5:6

God I lay my life down that You may work in it.  I ask for patience and strength as you shape me and make me more.  I will not question your plan for me, for your way is better.  Thank you for the word which spurs me on.  Your love, and patience as you continue to work on me is astounding -thank you for working on me.

1 comment:

  1. Amen. (And one of those little heart signs that I don't know how to type!)

    ReplyDelete