Sunday, November 14, 2010

Together

Milk meltdowns, lights-out stalling tactics, defiance, bad attitudes, know-it-all-big brother and argumentative little sister.  Smashed together, added up, multiplied times the hours in a day - it wears me thin.

How good and pleasant it is when brothers live together in unity! - Psalm 133:1


Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you have against one another.  Forgive as the Lord forgave you.  And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity. - Colossians 3:13-14


Laps full of kids, minds creating, hands busy, voices chattering.  The feathers tickled our noses and clung to our clothes.  The hot glue seared the tips of fingers eager to bedazzle.  She sat on my lap, and he sat on his.  And as an empty cup is filled with water, my heart was filled with this time together.

...My cup overflows.  Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever. - Psalm 23:5b-6


God I ask that you would fill my cup.  Fill it to overflowing as I turn to you, as I search your word and as I refocus on the joys of this life you've blessed me with.  ...children are a reward from you - Psalm 127:3.  And father I am so unworthy of your rewards- your gifts, yet you give out of your love for me.  I am blessed, and I am grateful.  May we live together in your perfect unity full of grace, love and forgiveness for each other.  May your word dwell richly in me and may my heart and action be a reflection of you.

1 comment: