Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Sparkle


The light danced in her eyes as she tried on the new fall outfits.  Spinning and twirling with delight; she was beautiful, she felt beautiful, she was happy and she was thankful.  And I was incredibly blessed to watch her sparkle.

Who is like the Lord our God, the One who sits enthroned on high, who stoops down to look on the heavens and the earth?...He settles the barren woman in her home as a happy mother of children.  Praise the Lord! - Psalm 113:5 & 9

There is no one like the Lord!

Which of you if his son asks for bread will give him a stone?  Or if he asks for a fish will give him a snake?  If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him! - Matthew 7:9-11

When God gave me children and made me a mom He also share with me another piece of his personality.  The mom in Him.

For I know the plans I have for your, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. - Jeremiah 29:11

When I think of those beautiful blue eyes beeming back at me I can feel, again, the pure joy warming my heart and filling me up.  I wonder if that's how God feels when he sees us enjoying His blessings and His creation?   

God, thank you for my children.  And thank you for revealing yourself to me through my children.  May I walk in your way, following your plans not my own - that I may recieve the hope and future you have planned for me.  And may the life I live bring you joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment