Wednesday, November 3, 2010

This Ol'House

HouseThe smell of sawdust always clung to his clothes, he was skilled and wise.  I watched him build houses, I "helped" him build our home, we all did.  And on a night I'm tempted to complain about sewer systems and tree roots, I searched the word, and I remembered a wonderful man.

By wisdom a house is built, and through understanding it is established; through knowledge its rooms are filled with rare and beautiful treasures. - Proverbs 24:3-4

The treasure of my house is not a functioning sewer system, although that is a plus, rather it is the people God has given me to fill my house.  A loving Godly husband, two children more beautiful and rare than any earthly treasure.  And it is because of God's great provision of family I knew how to build my house.

...And parents are the pride of their children - Proverbs 17:6b

God thank you for blessing me with a dad who loves you, who exemplified work-ethic, who loved my mom, and who is purposefully growing in you.  Thank you for blessing me with a mom who displayed a daily relationship with you, who is forgiving, caring and who holds me accountable.  Thank  you for the way you've filled my home.  Build a hedge of protection around us (Job 1:10).  I trust in your provision and I ask that you would guide me so that my life would look like the picture of that house.  Established in understanding, wise, filled with your knowledge and reflective of your qualities which are rare and beautiful.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment