Monday, November 1, 2010

Strength

My online reading took me to this today.
Take away my children, strip away my husband and my family and you will find a woman who is utterly afraid.  A woman who is brave from the hours of 9-5 only.  A woman who would sit with her hot tea and an overactive imagination listening to the groans of a quiet home after dark.

Have I not commanded you?  Be strong and courageous.  Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. - Joshua 1:9


Joshua was a warrior and leader.  His faith and trust in the Lord lead him to ask the sun and moon to stand still...

...As it is written in the Book of Jashar; The sun stopped in the middle of the sky and delayed going down about a full day.  There has never been a day like it before or since... - Joshua 10:13-14


...I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, Move from here to there and it will move.  Nothing will be impossible for you. - Matthew 17:20-21


And I wonder how two little distractions at my side can make me feel brave?  Why does holding the hand of my husband give me strength?  Why am I okay while the sun's shinning, but frozen after it sets?

For God did not give us a spirt of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and self-discipline. - 2 Timothy 1:7


God forgive my fear.  I take hold of the spirit which you have given me, and I put my faith in your power and in your renewing strength.  Make me a warrior for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment