Sunday, November 21, 2010

More like Jonah

Self-inflicted sickness and lives filled with self-pity.  The result of bad choices and years of suffering that follow.  I bring you medications, I take your vital signs and tuck you in, but I struggle to have compassion for you.

But the Lord said, "You have been concerned about this vine, though you did not tend it or make it grow.  It sprang up over night and died overnight.  But Nineveh has more than a hundred and twenty thousand people who can not tell their right hand from their left...Should I not be concerned about that great city?" - Jonah 4:10-11


"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.  And surely I am with you, to the very end of the age." - Matthew 28:19-20


All nations.
All people.
For all who do not know you are lost.  He softens my heart and reminds me that all are His and His compassion stretches beyond my imagination.

The Lord is not slow in keeping his promises, as some understand slowness.  He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance. - 2 Peter 3:9


God forgive my attitude, give me your heart and as I serve others may they see you.  May I bring you light and your peace into their lives, if only for a moment.  May I be a disciple maker, first in my own home and then out in the world.  Thank you for your patience with me.  I love you Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment