Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Cry

Image original at
anabolismist.blogspot.com/
(Disclaimer:  I don't endorse
or read this site)

I blink and strain to dam up the tears.  But it's been too long since I last cried, really cried, and there is no stopping the flood.  My voice trembles as it strains to sing "How great is our God," God and the car my only audience, I surrender to to power of the words. And the tears stain my cheeks.

...You know with all your heart and soul that not one of all the good promises the Lord your God gave you has failed.  Every promise has been fulfilled; not one has failed. - Joshua 23:14

Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful. - Hebrews 10:23



All He has promised, all he has done, all he has given me.  How great is our God.  Is He your God?


...For your Father knows what you need before you ask him. - Matthew 6:8b

Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.  For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened. - Matthew 7:7-8

God you know my heart, you know my needs yet you ask I come to you and ask.  In this I see your love and desire for relationship with me.  What friend do I have that I do not talk to?  What friend do I have that I do not give my time?  So today I ask for a heart of gratitude for all you've done for me; that with that heart I might see my whole day differently.  I ask for wisdom and discernment as I raise my children.  And I ask for a joyful and fun spirit to enjoy the blessings you've lavished on me.  May I spread your light and joy to those around me.  How great are you God!

No comments:

Post a Comment