Tuesday, November 9, 2010

19

When I was 19 I knew it all. 

Pride goes before destruction, a haughty spirit before a fall. - Proverbs 16:18

Make plans by seeking advice... - Proverbs 20:18

Plans fail for lack of counsel, but with many advisers they succeed. - Proverbs 15:22

Almost 10 years later, I am well aware of the fault in that attitude.  God is stretching me, growing my faith and teaching me through his word.  I have dropped the facade, given Him my time, and let my heart focus on the truth He speaks to me.  I'm also not 19 anymore.

Whoever gives heed to instruction prospers, and blessed is he who trusts in the Lord. - Proverbs 16:20

...the Spirit of truth...will guide you into all truth... - John 16:13

God thank you for your word, and for your spirit which helps me in my weakness (Romans 8:26).  As I search your word may the Holy Spirit teach me (John 14:26).  Thank you for the wise counsel you've placed in my life, let my ears and heart be open to the wisdom and encouragement they offer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment