Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Second Chance

Tear filled eyes and a voice as loud as a whisper confessed.  A broken heart more severe than a $6.79  treasured accent necklace. 

Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal...For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. - Matthew 6:19,21

Instead of being broken or angry over a necklace, so easily replaced.  I told him how much more he meant to me, how important he was to me and how proud of him I was for telling me.

...Forgive as the Lord forgave you. - Colossians 3:13b

Life is worth infinitely more than $6.79.  Jesus laid down his life and it was broken for me.  God's only son.  And I am forgiven because of it, all my faults, all my broken pieces, all of me.

Who can discern his errors?  Forgive my hidden faults.  Keep your servant also from willful sins; may they not rule over me.  Then will I be blameless, innocent of great transgressions.  May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer. - Psalm 19:12-14

God I make Davids words my own and I lift them up to you.  Convict me of sin in my life and may you continue to work in the lives of my children to make them transparent and willing to confess to us.  May I forgive others as you've forgiven me, completely.  Be my rock as I lean on you - you are my redeemer.

No comments:

Post a Comment