Monday, November 15, 2010

Hidden

Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things.  For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. - Colossians 3:3


Covered up in his blanket of perfection my dull life shines in his glory.  And I die to self, knowing I will live in him.  Really live, surrounded by his goodness, his mercy and his love.
 
For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body of sin might be done away with that we should no longer be slaves to sin - because anyone who has died has been freed from sin. - Romans 6:6-7

Time passes.  Temptation nags.  Stuff abounds.  Wants seem like needs.
But, In light of eternity, I have no need - except the need to know him more and give him the glory.


...I hide myself in you, Teach me to do your will, for you are my God; may your good Spirit lead me on level ground. - Psalm 143:9b-10


God I make David's prayer my own.  Teach me to do your will, lead me on level ground.  Forgive my sin and give me the strength to die everyday.  I lay my will, my plan, and my way down, I hide myself in you - work in me.  Thank you for Jesus.  And may I take the grace you've given me and share it with the world around me.  Give me a bold spirit, full of love and grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment