Friday, November 5, 2010

Belief

It's a fickle world, full of half-truths and surface conversations.  I'm "fine," you're "fine," everyone's "fine", then we slink away into the secluded darkness of our reality.  Grief, depression, worry, guilt, debt.  It's a beautiful lie we allow ourselves to believe; that we're the "only one," or that we're the "unforgivable one."

...the devil, He was a murder from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him.  When he lies, he speaks his native tongue, for he is a liar and the father of all lies. - John 8:44


God is not a man, that he should lie, nor a son of man that he should change his mind.  Does he speak and then not act?  Does he promise and not fulfill? - Numbers 23:19


...it is impossible for God to lie... - Hebrews 6:18


I will not hide from God.  I am not the only one.  He will forgive me.

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not die but have eternal life.  For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. - John 3:16-17


Heal me, O Lord, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise - Jeremiah 17:14


I will not believe the lies meant to shake me, I will stand firm, and believe the truth that has been made clear.  I will root my heart in the Lord; my healer, and savior, so that it may not be deceived.

God forgive the weak condition of my heart.  I put my trust in you only.  I believe you are the God of the universe, more powerful than any, yet more caring than any.  You do as you promise, and I believe you will complete the work you've started in my life.  You have forgiven my sins and God as I walk in this world sometimes my feet get dirty, wash my feet and forgive me, again.  Thank you for loving me where I am, while pushing me to grow and be more.  I give you the glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment