Friday, November 26, 2010

Shine

Website for this image:
mymeso.org

Finally brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable-if anything is excellent or praiseworthy-think about such things.  - Philippians 4:8

One small compromise after another, until the world swallows her and she's lost in a sea of choices she never foresaw.  Her tone full of regret, but hopeful.  As she slowly steps forward into the light.

If I say, Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me, even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will sine like the day, for darkness is as light to you.  For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.  I praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, and I know that full well. - Psalm 139: 11-14

As the light steadily shines, she begins to see.  He has been there; every step, every choice - waiting.  Everyday meant to bring Him glory.  Valued and precious in His sight, called to something greater than this world.   And so she steps toward Him.

But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead.  I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. - Philippians 3:13b-14

God tonight she, who I can not name, is on my heart - you know her and I lift her up to you.  Thank you for allowing me to be a part of her life, may I shine for you as I walk beside her.  Please give me the wisdom I need to be a guide to her.  God please, give her discernment and patience with the healing process as you work in her life.  Father give me perseverance and a discerning spirit in my life.  Thank you for your love and your grace, do not allow my light to fade.

1 comment: