Monday, November 1, 2010

Perspective

glass
Usually the glass is half-full...usually.  But when it starts looking half-empty, it's most likely because I'm looking at the wrong half.  The half that is focused on me, and on tomorrow.

Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits- who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things... - Psalm 103:2-5a

So I stop and take a deeper look into my glass.  Filled with forgiveness, healing, redemption, love and compassion.  Is there anything greater to be desired?

He replied, "You of little faith, why are you so afraid?" - Matthew 8:26

But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness and all these things [food,clothing,drink] will be added to you.  Therefore do not worry about tomorrow for tomorrow will worry about itself.  Each day has enough trouble of its own. - Matthew 6:33-34

I will stay in the day.  I will cherish the little feet as they crunch the fall beauty scattered over the ground.  I will feel your love in the embrace of my husband.  I will put my faith in you, again, today and everyday.  I will fill my glass with your words and your perspective.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. - Philippians 4:6-7

God I thank you for your words which gently rebuke my heart.  A heart which is so easily overcome with the cares of this world.  You are the great creator, and my redeemer.  I claim the promise of your peace as I lay down my cares to you; small nagging worries and the things that seem "big" to me.  There is nothing you can not accomplish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment