Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Delight

I watch them grow, and watch them play.  I listen to their cries and laugh with their laughter.  I direct and instruct then wait as they choose to obey or go their own way.  I hold their hands, they hold my heart.  I read them a bible story.  I tuck them in and kiss them goodnight.  Is there anything more delightful than a peaceful day surrounded by your loving children?

The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save.  He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing. - Zephaniah 3:17

How unworthy am I.  Yet you find delight in my life.  You are my father and I am your child.  I will be still.  And in the stillness, Your love washes over me; and my spirit becomes quiet - content in all you've given me, blessed in all you've done for me.  I will glorify you with my life.  I hear your song in the whisper of the wind, in the boom of the thunder and in the laughter of my children.

For you make me glad by your deeds, O Lord; I sing for joy at the works of your hands.  How great are your works, O Lord, how profound your thoughts! - Psalm 92:4-5

God I lift up my imperfections and ask for your forgiveness.  Have I been an obedient child?  Convict my heart.  I thank you for your love, so great that you would delight in me!  May my heart be still that I may hear your singing, wash over me with you love and quiet the busyness in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment