Friday, November 5, 2010

Shhhhhh

My voice absent, held hostage by illness, a raspy whisper was all that could escape.  Quietly communicating, they strained to listen.  Two pairs of eyes gave me their  focused attention and all play and halted.

The Lord said, "Go out and stand on the mountain in the presence of the Lord, for the Lord is about to pass by."  Then a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart and shattered the rocks before the Lord, but the Lord was not in the wind.  After the wind there was an earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake  After the earthquake came fire, but the Lord was not in the fire.  And after the fire came a gentle whisper. - 1 Kings 19:11-12                                                                                  

Too often I'm waiting for the earthquake or the rock shattering winds.  I'm waiting on God to break through my day to day noise.  

Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.  For whoever asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened. - Matthew 7:7-8 

God forgive me for allowing the noise of my life distract me from our relationship.  I seek you this day, may your whisper be clear, may my heart be quiet.  Thank you for your patience and your love, thank you for your promise that as I seek you I will find you.  I ask you today for strength and peace. 


                                                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment