Friday, December 3, 2010

Why

It plagues me; the grimy muck of this sin filled world.  Hearing about it, reading about it, taking care of kids because it was thrust upon them.  And doubt begins to seep into my thoughts.  I question God and I ask why.  I seek answers I'm not meant to seek.  When my focus is in the gutter of sin it is not on the goodness of God.  When my counsel is of this world I'm deceived.  For the "truth" of the world is no truth at all.

Then the Lord answered Job out of the storm... - Job 38
The Lord said to Job:
"Will the one who contends with the Almighty correct him?  Let him who accuses God answer him!" 
Then Job answered the Lord:
"I am unworthy- how can I reply to you?  I put my hand over my mouth.  I spoke once, but I have no answer-twice, but I will say no more." - Job 40:1-5
Then the Lord spoke to Job out of the storm...
"Would you discredit my justice?" - Job 40:8

With a hand covering his mouth and a tongue utterly unworthy to answer God. 
Speechless. 
All the turmoil, all the questions; Job was ready to give God a real piece of his mind.  And yet in the whirlwind of God's presence - silence.  For mearly witnessing God's presence, and hearing God speak of His power and his infinite presence was answer enough.

God may I be quiet and revere the qualities that make you, You. 
Eternal-All knowing-All powerful-Fair-Just-Loving
May I be fearful of your power and respectful of your name and your word.  You require more of me, and I will not question you, your justice or your goodness.  I repent for the doubt I allow to creep into my heart and I praise you.

No comments:

Post a Comment