Monday, December 13, 2010

Footsteps





Image from
http://www.bowsart.org/images/fullsize/footstep.jpg

Their strides were long, their shoes too big.  The path they walked, the narrow one; straight, 
consistent, guided by ONE greater than themselves.  I watched them love.  I watched them work.  I watched them forgive.  I watched them laugh.  I watched them hurt.  I watched them grow.  My shoes got bigger and I grew too.  I didn't always follow the path their feet lead, and they let me make my own mistakes.



Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry.  Because of these, the wrath of God is coming.  You used to walk in these ways, in the life you once lived.  But now you must also rid yourselves of all such things... -Colossians 3:5-8

“Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.  But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it. -Matthew 7:13-14


How blessed am I!  I once sat in Sunday school under a grandmother's teaching, today I sat under my grandfather's and marveled as he quoted verses from a memory filled with scripture.  I listened as my dad interpreted scripture, and watched my mom, brothers and sisters flip the worn pages of their Bibles.  How blessed am I!  













 My son, do not forget my teaching,  but keep my commands in your heart, for they will prolong your life many years and bring you peace and prosperity. Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart. Then you will win favor and a good name in the sight of God and man. Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight.  Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD and shun evil. -Proverbs 3:1-7

Raised to see and enter the small gate.  A witness to their examples- striving to walk on the narrow road.  Submitting to HIM.

God, thank you for the blessing of my family.  May I follow in their footsteps of faithfulness.  I submit my life to you, that you may make my path straight.  Daily may I lay my will down so that I continue on your path, not my own.  I trust in you.  I am thankful for your word that guides me, and grateful for Jesus making a way for me to know you.  May I raise my children to know and follow you.  May my footsteps be worthy to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment