Thursday, December 23, 2010

The "C" Word

If you add up all the symptoms and plug them into symptom checker, web MD, google, the search engine of your choice etc. you'll uncover the same results.  And I've been plagued by the thought that cancer may be a reality for my friend.  So we cried, we prayed and we talked about it.

Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn.- Romans 12:15

We are all dying.

What is your life?  You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. - James 4:14b

When I overt my eyes from the clutter of ME.  I see!  I'm not so big.  And with the realization that we are all dying whether by age or cancer, the real question is what does God require of me, the mist before I vanish away?  How do I want to spend my time?

You are the light of the world.  A city on a hill cannot be hidden...in the same way, let your light before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise God in Heaven. - Matthew 5:13-14 

Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind,  This is the first and greatest commandment.  And the second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself. - Matthew 22:37-39

But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy and where  thieves do not break in and steal.  For where your treasure is there your heart will be also. - Matthew 6:21

Forget the insignificant and really love God, which will flow into loving others.  A life filled with good deeds that reflect the ONE true good, the ONE true light. 

God, May my deeds point to you, and may I be building up treasure in heaven.  You've given me this heart, this body and this life - it is all on loan from you.  May I be a good steward and may you welcome me home someday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment