Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Truffles

The ingredients all the same, yet each one unique and filled with imperfections.  My hands stained, and sticky - palm to palm I rolled the truffles and they took shape.  The chocolate filled spoon cradled the imperfect sphere- back and forth, covering, until all it's imperfections disappeared.

The Lord formed man from the dust of the ground and breathe into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being. - Genesis 2:7


..the gift is not like the trespass.  For if the many died by the trespass of the one man, how much more did God's grace and the gift that came by the grace of the one man, Jesus Christ, overflow to the many!  For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous. - Romans 5:15, 19

For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his love for those who fear him; as far as the east is format he west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us. - Psalm 103:11-12

My life, from dust, shaped and formed.  Imperfected by my own choices and wavering heart.  Perfected in his blood that covers me completely and makes me perfect again.

God thank you for the life you've given me.  Thank you for Jesus and the forgiveness I have in Him.  I am covered, perfected in you and I praise you for your love, your patience and your power.  May I honor you by living a life full of worth.  May I always be mindful of my imperfections compared to you.  Thank you for covering me.

No comments:

Post a Comment