Friday, December 10, 2010

Confession

I clenched my teeth, struggling to keep my jaw from dropping, as the words - "I don't believe Jesus is the Son of God" dripped with conviction from her lips.  My heart sank for her and we sat in silence.

Jesus answered. I am the way and the truth and the life.  No one comes to the Father except through me. - John 14:6

I am sub-consciencely aware I walk among those who don't know Him.  Sadly, I confess, I don't consciencely acknowledge it often.  Do you?  We hear their voices, and see their faces; we bump into them at the store, we pass them on the street.  They are our friends, they are our neighbors, they are our co-workers, they are our families.

Jesus went through all the towns and villages, teaching in their synagogues preaching the good news of the kingdom and healing every disease and sickness.  When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd.  The he said to his disciples, The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few.  Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field. - Matthew 9:35-38

Am I working for Him?

God, forgive me for not asking to be a part of your harvest.  Shine a light on those I can be a witness to.  Soften the hearts of those who need to know you and give me the words to speak.  You are the good news, the healer of bodies and souls, our shepherd.  Guide me as I seek to follow you.

No comments:

Post a Comment