Saturday, January 8, 2011

Owie

His eyes welled up with tears, his leg banged up and bloody.  The blood disappeared under a transformer band-aid, and with a strong will he dammed up his tears.  Heads bowed and hands folded we gave his hurt and his worry to God.  And we imagined together a place where band-aids are rendered useless, where our bodies will be ever strong, without pain, without injury, always perfect.

So will it be with the resurrection of the dead. The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable; it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power; it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body. -1 Corinthians 15:42-44

This body; full of weakness, perishing a little bit hour by hour, imperfect and experiencing pain.  Clumsy  full of mis-steps and misguided choices. 

No tears in heaven no sorrows given
All will be glory in that land
There'll be no sadness all will be gladness
When we shall join that happy band.

No tears (in heaven bear) no tears (no tears up there)
Sorrow and pain will all have blown
No tears (in heaven bear) no tears (no tears up there)
No tears in heaven will be known.
--No tears in Heaven (Skeeter Davis, 1967)

A perfect body; never withering, in a glorious place surrounded by the presence of our Heavenly Father.  Full of grace and gracefulness.

God, thank you for the temporary status of this body, and for the promise of a life everlasting with you in heaven.  Thank you for the health you've given me - what a blessing, may I use my body to glorify you and do works that reflect you.  I seek you to cover my worry, and my pain - I know you will take care of me and I trust in you.  Until the day you bring me home may I find joy, and peace in this life you've blessed me with - tears pain and all.                                                                                                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment