Friday, January 21, 2011

Believe

The song echoed in my heart, the lump in my throat produced crocodile sized tears which streamed down my face.  And it wasn't the song, more, the realization of the reality of the words.  Stop and listen....

Take a look at the mountains
Stretching a mile high
Take a look at the ocean
Far as your eye can see
And think of Me

Take a look at the desert
Do you feel like a grain of sand?
I am with you wherever
Where you go is where I am

And I'm always thinking of you
Take a look around you
I'm spelling it out one by one
I love you more than the sun
And the stars that I taught how to shine
You are mine, and you shine for me too
I love you, yesterday and todayAnd tomorrow, I'll say it again and again
I love you more

We "know" God loves us...But do we stop to relish in the amazing love of an infinite, all powerful creator and God?  My eyes well with tears now as I breath in the love of God and I allow myself to believe.  Really believe.  With all His heart God loves me.  More than the big and beautiful stars he designed, more than the sun which gives us light.  I am His own unique design, and He loves me. 

And so we know and rely on the love God has for us.  God is love.  Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. - 1 John 4:16

Am I relying of God's love?  Am I living in love? 
Too many day's I rely on my to-do-list, my plans.
It is not the daily tasks that complete me.  I could never do enough. 
I am completed only in His love, and forgiven through Jesus and his sacrifice.

This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him.  This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our sins.  - 1 John 4:9-10

How could my response be anything but to love Him too.

We love because He first loved us. - 1 John 4:19

God make me complete in you again, as I recognize how you love me.  May each day I stop to praise you for the way you love me.  Perfectly, forgiving, merciful love.  I am unworthy, just a single grain of sand in this amazingly beautiful world You've created.  I have sinned, I have a tarnished this life.  Yet you give me Jesus.  And in his sacrifice I am made clean, spotless before you, and complete.  I want to love you - may my life be filled with obedience in response to your love.


1 comment:

  1. So true, Jamie--even walking with the Lord for many, many years, the truth of His great love is overwhelming. Thanks for sharing. Love MJ

    ReplyDelete