Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Pumpkins

The wagon bumped along the dusty path as the sun illuminated the field filled with the colors of fall.  The vines twisted and dry littered the ground.  And the pumpkins of all different shapes, sizes and colors reflected the creativity of their maker.  Our maker.

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. - Genesis 1:1
Then God said, Let us make man in our image, in our likeness...So God created man in his own image in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them. - Genesis 1:26, 27
God saw all that he had made, and it was very good.  - Genesis 1:31


My eyes shifted from the pumpkins lying in wait to be picked to the pickers.  And we too reflect His creativity.  Some tall, others round, some with lumps and bumps, diverse in color but all made in His image.

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful I know that full well. - Psalm 139:13-14


God as I live my life, may I take time to see your creativity.  And as I strive in the journey to give you a piece of my day -everyday, reveal yourself to me in your word.  Help me to appreciate the way you've made me, unique in mind, and body.  And see those around me as you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment