Wednesday, October 27, 2010

More like pumpkins


As we scavenged for the perfect porch decoration, the field held a numerous amount of choices, yet so many seemed imperfect and un-pickable. Some bruised, some broken and others rotting from the inside-out. And so we passed them by. Left to rot back into the dry earth whence they came.

The Lord saw how great man's wickedness on the earth had become,and that every inclination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil all the time...and his heart was filled with pain. - Genesis 6:5-6


How much am I like those imperfect pumpkins I left to rot back into the earth?

There is no one righteous, not even one... - Romans 3:10

I am the bruised, broken and rotten pumpkin.

It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick...For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners. - Matthew 9:12-13

God I recognize the unworthy condition of my heart.  And you love me anyway.  Thank you for sending Jesus, thank you for wanting a relationship with me.  Forgive my sin that leaves me bruised and broken, and restore me so that from the inside-out my life will reflect you.

No comments:

Post a Comment